Parks (Permanent Orienteering Courses)
Here’s a short video explaining what POCs are.
Select the course you are interested in from the current list of permanent courses below, or from the overview map. Click on the course name to get full details and downloads.
Park based courses:
- Upton Country Park, Upton – MAP TO BE UPDATED
- Poole Park, Poole – MAP IS NOW USEABLE AFTER COMPLETION OF COUNCIL LANDSCAPING , NEW BAITER CYCLE TRACKS TO BE ADDED LATER.
- Littledown Park, Bournemouth
- Kings Park, Bournemouth
- Slades Park, Bournemouth MAP BEING UPDATED
- Broadstone Recreation Ground– MAP BEING UPDATED
- Holton Lee, Holton Heath
- Seafront Orienteering, Boscombe – CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED
- Queens Park, Charminster
- Darby’s Lane Park, Poole Canford Heath
- Hamworthy Park Poole, Hamworthy
- Alexandra Park Poole Parkstone
Forest based courses:
- Moors Valley Country Park, Between Verwood and St Ives
- Studland – This is a delightful beach area with grass covered dunes and sandy pathways leading out from the National Trust car park at Knoll Beach.
- Brownsea Island – Owned by the National Trust this island has lots of history (the Scouting movement started here) as well as plenty of interesting flora and fauna. Being surrounded by water it is an ideal place to try out your orienteering skills in a safe environment. THIS MAP IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED DUE TO MAJOR CHANGES ON THE ISLAND